Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Welcome

2015 is the year of the doll blog here at the house on Jewel. Over the next few days, maybe weeks, I will introduce you to the dolls. I was an early adopter of American Girl back in the days of Pleasant Company. As a matter of fact, I received Molly McIntire, the World War II 1944 doll in 1987. While she is no longer the doll I consider the most beautiful in my collection, Molly will always hold a special place in my heart. 

At present, my collection holds six dolls. Pretty small for someone who is been collecting as long as I have. However, my goal has never been to have a large collection, strictly to be able to appreciate the dolls that I have. 
So what makes this blog any different from the hundreds of other doll blogs out there on the Internet? Really, just one thing. I’m blind. No, this doesn’t mean I see absolutely nothing. I don’t see more than I see. This is taught me to appreciate the finer aspects of things. I can’t see in detail. I can’t look at a doll and even see her whole face at the same time much less the whole doll. This means I appreciate my collection in a very different way than someone who can stand back and look at a whole wall of dolls and appreciate each one of them.
This blog will start slowly. So stop on by frequently as you never know when I will add something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment