Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Meet Kate



Kate is a custom American Girl Doll and is really one of a kind. She was a doll I pictured in my mind to resemble me. She is a blend of Saige and Marie-Grace. Kate began life as a Saige doll, was rewired with Marie-Graces wig and when that still wasn't perfect given Marie-Grace-s eyes as well. The result is a unique beauty who has a special place in my collection.

Kate is the best of both Mare-Grace and Saige. The freckles are cute, the eyes are uniquely stunning and some of the most realistic made by American Girl. The hair is just a tad longer than I had pictured, but it is silky and smooth and cooperates with almost every style. A bonus to building this doll from a Saige is that her ears were already pierced! I love doll jewelry!

I took Kate outside on a beautiful sunny day last week and got some great sun-lit shots of her!


I love the shadow in the back of this picture and the sun on her hair!


Ahhh the sun on her face and hair! Just lovely! Her eyes look like Hawaiian ocean water here.

Kate is a quiet, funny, girl who believes that music has the power to fuel emotion, heal wounds, and create memories. She loves to sing and has a memory to go with almost every sone on her playlist. If she wants to remember something, she puts it to music.  She is loyal to a fault, compassionate, and lives by the motto "You can't take care of others if you don't care for yourself first."

What do you think of Kate?

No comments:

Post a Comment