Friday, May 1, 2015

The Magic Moonstone

Meg walked outside. It was a chilly morning and Mother had made her wear a swetter.


The sun felt warm as Meg walked to school. "I wish i could spend the day at the park." She thought. 

She vowed to go by thw park after school. 


Her Mother had also made her wear a big floppy bow but Meg secretly had tucked a clip in her school bag for later along with her glasses case. 


After school she ran to the park. Maybe Anna would be there! Meg loved hearing stories of Anna's time travels!


"Meg!"

Meg turned to see who was calling her. "Felicity!" She squealed! "Boy am i glad to see you!"


"Me too! Lessons were just dreadful  today!" Said Felicity.


"Look there's Anna!" Meg said excitedly. 

"Who is she?" Felicity asked.

"She's a time traveler! She has the best adventures!" Meg said.


Anna glanced down at her Moonstone, "where did I end up this time?" Then she looked up and saw Meg. Anna's eyes lit up. The young reporter!


"Hello Anna. I'm so excited to see you. This is my friend Felicity."

"Felicity, how wonderful to meet you" Anna said graciously.


Felicity took a step back. For some reason she was feeling shy around the older girl. 


"Felicity, I promise I won't take you anywhere with me unless you want to. Meg and I have been on a few adventures together, but even she was hesitant at first."


Felicity tentatively reached her hand out to join the other girls. She felt a jolt of excitement.

Anna smiled, "i see you to feel the moonstones power."

"Indeed," said Felicity. "How does it work?"


"That is a great mystery," said Anna with a smile. "But it allows me and anyone with me to travel to far-off lands, Magic places, and deep into the past."

"Wow," said Felicity.


"Yes Anna has been on a steam engine, back to the middle ages, and even to the far east," exclaimed Meg.

Felicity sighed. "It must be so exciting to travel through time."

"it is. But alas I must be on my way," anna replied.


"Fairwell!"

And before Meg and Felicity could even blink, Anna was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment