Friday, April 24, 2015

Photo Story Kate's Puppy Gets Stuck!

It was such a beautiful spring day Kate couldn't help it, she ran as fast as she could!

Maybe they're wrong, she thought. Maybe I'm not really legally blind. 

It felt so good to move unencumbered.


She skidded to a stop as she almost slammed into a pole... Or was that a tree? 

I really should have brought my cane...

"Oh Spark! Thank goodness!!!"! Kate's mom was training Spark to be a Guide Dog.

"How did you find me?"

"Hey Kate, you ok?" Aske eliza

"Yeah I'm fine," Kate said.  "Thanks to Spark."

"Can I play with her?" Asked Eliza.


"Yeah, sure. Buut i don't have a toy for her. I sorta didn't know she followed me here."

Eliza giggled "I have a stick."


"Man she has a lot of energy!" Gasped Eliza. "Let's rest a minute."


Kate sat up and looked around. "Uh oh! Where'd she go?!" 

"Who?"

"Spark!"


"Oh know! There she is!!" Eliza gulped.


"Come on girl! Come on Sparkley!" Kate begged.


"Oh thank goodness!!."


"Thanks Eliza!"

"Hey no problem! Uh Kate where's her harness?"

"She followed me here. And i left my cane at home. I just wanted to be Kate, not the blind kid."


"Hey your my friend regardless! If you need your cane, you should use it."

"Thanks Eliza. I just hate having to use a cane. I mean i can see. Yes Spark I'll open the door."


"Kate, you'll use it when you're ready. And i'll still hang out with you just as much!"


"I really hate being different." Kate said as she cuddled her puppy. "You'll be able to help me one day, won't you Spark?"

No comments:

Post a Comment